Thursday, January 7, 2010

31 Things I learned in 2009-Day 7

What I learned: HEATING IS EXPENSIVE!

How I learned it: This is one that I am still trying to learn about. In the spring/summer/fall there is no large utility bills because there is no AC to run. But just wait for winter! We have three different, no, make that four different heat sources in our house-electric, furnace/propane, pellet stoves and now a smal electric heater. Each heats a different part of the house and in a different way. What I am learning is that in the other months I have to have a "heating fund" jar out, so what I am saving in electric/propane bills during those months, needs to go into that jar for the winter months! All I can say is "yow"!!

2 comments:

  1. how much is ouch? just figured that is something to include to leave as part of a legacy. i never thought to take a photo of the gas bill/electric bill/water bill/cable bill/verizon bill.

    guessing future generations will not only laugh at us, but find it pretty interested.
    note to self to include that.
    thanks Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Gonna be a P365 day!

    ReplyDelete