Monday, January 11, 2010

31 Things I learned in 2009-Day 11

What I learned: PET TURTLES STINK!

How I learned it: We inherited a turtle that was being kept in a too small tank with no "ammenities", so we upgraded the whole thing. New rocks for climbing, a filter, a basking lamp and ramp, greenery and occasional live fish! Well...one thing that I simply had no idea about was the vast amount of tank cleaning that needs to go into keeping a turtle stink free. The filter did help a little, but at the least we had to empty out the tank, clean out the inside glass and ammenities once a week. If we let it go just one extra day the WHOLE HOUSE would reek of stinky turtle. He was so gross to me that I couldn't even pick him up out of the tank-I had to use tongs! Mr. Squeeks has a new home now and I am extremely thankful for that! I have learned that I am NOT cut out to be a turtle "mom"!

No comments:

Post a Comment