Friday, January 8, 2010

31 Things I learned in 2009-Day 8

What I learned: KEEPING YOUR HOUSE "COMPANY CLEAN" MAKES FOR STRESS FREE LIVING

How I learned this: For some reason I was never very good at house keeping. I really do not like to clean and with my pinched nerve/carpel tunnel I pay for it when I scrub too much. I do ask Charles to do the heavy scrubbing, and he is usually willing to help! Once I got all my stuff organized and a place for everything, cleaning and keeping the house "company clean" has been really easy. I have to say that my closets are really a thing to behold. You know you are doing something right when your mother-in-law compliments your closets!! Now when someone drops by, I do not feel panic that the house looks messy. I'll always have a "lived-in" house, but not the "lived-in-by-a-slob" look! Cleaning a little bit everyday also helps because there is never that dreaded one day of big cleaning. I am not a strict Fly Lady devotee, but I do try to follow some of her cleaning goals and as much as I hate to admit it, I really don't mind cleaning anymore...just please, no one tell Charles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment