Thursday, January 21, 2010

31 Things I Learned in 2009-Day 21

What I learned: KEEP THE CAMERA CLOSE AT ALL TIMES

How I learned it: I got a kit called Project 365 and for those of you now familiar with the concept it is a quick and easy album project ready to hold a photo from each day in a year in your life. I LOVED-LOVED-LOVED doing that project. Doing it again this year. But what I didn't do before 2009 was keep my camera with me always. Sometimes I would be caught without a camera and missed something cool. Now I look for purses with pockets that are camera sized so that my purse isn't packed until there is a camera inside. I know the weight of my purse and know just by picking it up if my camera is missing. It always sits out when I am at home. Just it's silver presence on the dining room table will remind me to take a daily photo. I've was caught a few times without my camera in 2009-once when I went out to celebrate Sisterdear's birthday and when I went to the post office to drop my tax return in the mail box. Those are the only two empty spaces in my P365 album. My sister swears she'll get me a photo from the event one of these days and the other I'm gonna have to recreate when I am down in Florida next.

*BLOGGERS POST SCRIPT (1/22): Last night Charles called and said to meet him around 6pm at the mechanic's to drop off my car so I grabbed my keys, the garage door opener, my cell phone, wallet and Kiwi (per Chrarles' request) and rushed out the door. Then while driving down the backroad to get to Matthew's I encountered a deer as she walked out in front of my car. Of course, she wasn't interested in the slightest in moving, so she made an excellent photographic subject, but my camera was in my purse at home... As she took her time and "la-la-la'ed' across the road I sat there cursing myself that the first time that a deer crossed in front of my car while I was driving and I had no camera! AND I had just posted that I had learned this lesson. Goes to show that some lessons just need to be re-learned over and over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment