Wednesday, January 6, 2010

31 Things I learned in 2009-Day 5

What I learned: CEDARIFIC KITTY LITTER IS THE BEST KITTY LITTER EVER!

How I learned it: I found this product sitting on the shelves at my neighboorhood Kash-n-Karry (later Sweetbay Market). Charles normally handles the kitty litter and since he had moved up to Pennsylvania, I was on my own. The first thing I noticed about this brand was that it is SUPER lightweight. I can lift 4 bags easily at one time. This made luging it around by myself a breeze. Second thing I noticed was the very pleasent smell. It smells just like cedar, and is continues to smell like cedar long after the cats have visited the box for a week. Which is the third thing I discovered. It is a TRUE odor absorber. If I let the litters go a few days past thier due date, you really couldn't tell! I also have to keep my litters elevated so small dogs do not use them as their personal buffet bars. I use plastic tubs as "lifts" and one of these bags fits perfectly in the lift tub. One bag fills two litters. Now, the sad thing is that not many places carry this brand. It is REALLY hard to find. Sweetbay discontinued it. BUT I found it at BiLo in Wellsboro when I moved up here. Sadly, now BiLo has discontinued it and I have to order it online. But being that it is so lightweight, the shipping is not bad! And since I have had to order it online I was able to read more about it and discovered that it is "a blend of hardwood and cedar chips. Careful screening and aspiration results in a virtually dust-free product. Cedarific contains no clay or silica dust. Cedarific is made from reclaimed, renewable wood fiber and contains no added chemicals. It is 100%biodegradable and can even be composted or incinerated!" Cool. Right?! RENEWABLE and CAN BE INCINERATED? Both very good! (I burn my trash, you see.)
Now I know that kitty litter discovery isn't a grand life lesson, but finding something that really works and is good for the enviroment is a GREAT discovery in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment