Sunday, January 24, 2010

31 Things I learned in 2009-Day 24

What I learned: THAT I TAKE TOO LONG WHEN OUT TO DINNER TO DECIDE ON WHAT COCKTAIL I WANT

How I learned it: Normally when we go out to "speciality" restaurants, I know what kind of food will be served, so I know ahead of time that I'm gonna get something to compliment the food. For example if we are going to Bombay Masala for Indian I'll be having either a Kingfisher or a Lassi (not alcoholic, but still needs thought!). If we are going to Ceviche for Spanish tapas then it's a Mojito all the way. But if we are headed to a non-ethnic restaurant, then I need to either plan ahead on my cocktail and make my food compliment it, or look at a menu, pick my food and then pick my cocktail. I don't consider myself high maintenance, but I guess I am particular about making my food and drinks "go together". Like a Pina Coloda does NOT go with Mexican food-that would be a Margarita. It is bad, but usually the waiter has to come back to the table just to take my order. Maybe it's just me... Maybe I am high maintenance after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment