Monday, January 18, 2010

31 Things I learned in 2009-Day 18

What I learned: STAYING ORGANIZED IS EASIER THAN GETTING ORGANIZED

How I learned it: I have not always been an organized person. In fact, I really do not consider myself to be all that organized, I've just started on this path and think that I've done some really great things towards my goal. My closets. Now they are something I am proud of. I believe in "road testing" something before I go all the way, so I road tested a few different ways to organize before I found the way that works for me. I have bins, some with lids others not that line my closets and hold everyday essentials and things for short and long term storage. All things in bins! In my cleaning cupboard, all the cleaning supplies are in green, plastic, no lidded, handled tubs. They all face the same way and have tag that hang off them that say things like, "dusting", "car", "floor", "bathroom", etc. In the hall closet I have similar tubs that say, "batteries", "flashlights", "light bulbs", etc. In the coat closet I have ones that say, "Jen's hats", "Charles' gloves", etc. Now if Charles is looking for AAA batteries, he doesn't need to ask me. When I go to clean the bathroom I don't hunt all over for the cleaners, they are always where I store them. It took me almost a whole year to put this in place, but now as long as I continue to put my hats in the hat tub, the luggage locks in the travel accessories tub and the extra shampoo in the sundry overstock tub every day then I have discovered it is VERY easy to STAY organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment