Friday, August 14, 2009

P365

(Day 231) Sunset from the second bathroom window. Not a very good photo, but I love the colors and the barn that peeps through the trees.


In all the bear excitement I totally forgot about another thing that happened that same day. When I came home from running around I discovered about 100 bumble bees buzzing around the bay window-on the inside of the house! I had NO idea what to do, so I got some bug spray and let loose. After about 20 minutes they were all down and I used the vacuum to clean them up. I called Charles and explained to him what happened and he said he would talk to one of his co-workers who is an apiarist and might be able to help. After I got off the phone, I saw about 30 more bees in the same location. I then freaked out, thinking it was some sort of plague or poltergeist thing until I noticed an outlet near the window that was completely covered in bees-the bee super highway if you will. I sprayed again and this time got the outlet too. All the "outlet bees" disapeared into the outlet and I got closer and could hear a GIANT wooshey-buzzing sound coming from the wall. Turns out there is an active hive IN THE WALL! So, I go on another killing spree and get rid of the last in the house and procede to tape up the outlet so that they couldn't continue to come inside. That was a couple of days ago. We are waiting for the apiarist to come out and there continue to be about 30 bees a day that get through the tape. Never a dull moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment