Monday, August 17, 2009

Critter update and P365

(D238) A visit to Agway.


(D233) Kiwi waits for Daddy while he gets directions and chocolate malts, downtown Mansfield.


(D221) Turbines on the wind farms in NY-we are getting a big wind farm just up the road a piece from us.


(D231) One of the reasons I love Charles: he really loves animals! When Luna wasn't feeling too well (URI) instead of sitting in his new rocker, he laid out on the front porch with her so he could pat her. What a guy!


(D234) Still sweeping up dead or almost dead yellow jackets from the all over the house.


(D227) The outlet where the yellow jackets are coming in from. You can hear the "hive noise" all the way to the living room! It's a bit unnerving.


Yesterday Charles and I were driving home from picking up our pizza at Papa V's (they deliver 5 miles outside of Mansfield, and we are a little over 6...drat!) while he started grumbling about the lack of wildlife we have seen since moving to the new place. I looked at him funny and said that I didn't know what he was talking about! Since moving here I've seen: raccoons, squirrels, a chipmunk (my first ever!), two turkey hens, about 12 1/2 groundhogs, 13 living and 2 dead dear, all kinds of birds, bats every night and one bear. That seems like a lot to me. In an email, my dear friend, Dee, confused my singular bear sighting as a multiple bear sighting and I wrote a funny reply that I'm sharing with y'all in case there are any more of you thinking that it was more than one bear running around in my yard:

Um...let's not get too crazy here! It was a singular bear. Not plural. I do not have bearS running around my yard. Just the one. He was a little dude too. Not at all scary. Well, not too scary anyways. And he was running away from the house, not towards. I mean since he was a little bear, he shouldn't be all that scary. Right? I mean, one bear? Running away from the house. Not bad. I can handle that. I could probably walk the dogs further than the bottom of the stairs. Right? It's not like I've seen a bear in the whole month we've been up here before now. They are not waiting at the edge of the property watching me. Surely they are not doing that. It was just one small bear. Way too grown up for it's mama to be close by either. Very mature, but small bear. Everybody says that bears are more scared of me than I am of them. That bear sure looked scared-it was running for cripes sake! Yeah, that was one scared bear. I'm sure he is too scared to ever come back here. He probably told his bear buddies to stay away from the scary property, too. Just one little scared bear. That's all...

1 comment:

  1. I MISS you girlfriend!!! And, ditto....that is also why I *LOVE* Charles ; }

    ReplyDelete