Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A happy surprise/P365

This morning the mail lady pulled up the drive, honked her horn and when I went out the greet her she said, "Good morning, Sweet Potato Queen!" I had no idea what she meant by that, but I took the two packages she had for me and took them inside. After I got my shower, started the laundry, etc I decided to check out those boxes. There were two boxes from the lovely Miss Dianne. She had written on one "Jen Peck, The Sweet Potato Queen"! What a hoot!

I rip open the boxes to find one filled with tons of tiny wrapped packages all in Halloween colors and the other filled with...sweet potatoes! I've got to ask her just why sweet potatoes, but I know I'll be making Sweet Potato Bisque tomorrow night!

I had a grand time opening up all my goodies. Someone knows how much I love Halloween, (and that there is NO Joann's up here-yet!), and filled me up with new spooky stamps and embellishments. There were two sets of gloves in there. I'm gonna need gloves and one was even Halloween-themed. The envelopes were great and I'm saving those to give out AND there was my cute little jacket that Dianne had altered for me! Wow! What a great afternoon going through my boxes!


Thanks 'lil missy!

1 comment:

  1. I guess you forgot you told me the one thing you missed up there was yams - now I know I'm a southern girl, but I think yams and sweet taters are the same thing! Did I get it wrong?????

    ReplyDelete