Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Project 365-Day 38

Starting this week I have been pre-planning each days worth of meals. I am trying to follow a more healthy lifestyle and I'm using the "You" doctors (Dr.s Roizen and Oz) as inspiration. They suggest the 6 mini meals a day and I map a whole week out ahead of time. I have been trying to cook some/most of the meals on my days off so I don't have to cook from scratch when I get home from work. This was tonight's meal and let me tell you it was yummy! Blackened salmon, roasted green beans, citrus couscous salad and whole wheat/flax bread (w/ Smart Balance). I couldn't wait to take a photo before I snagged a bite from the bread! The couscous salad is really good and is one of the recipes from the Real Age website. Thought I'd share it with y'all.

Citrusy Couscous Salad with Olives:

1 1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups boiling water
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped scallions, (4 scallions)
1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives, (12 olives)
1 navel orange, peeled, sectioned and diced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper, to taste


1. Stir together couscous, orange juice concentrate, oil, mustard, thyme, orange zest and salt in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water, cover and set aside until the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
2. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Add parsley, scallions, olives, diced orange and lemon juice; toss to blend. Season with pepper

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment