Sunday, February 1, 2009

I simply adore Eddie Izzard! Have since I saw his HBO special many years ago called, Dressed to Kill. Charles and I took a trip to NYC just to see him while he was doing his Circle tour. We went with Sisterdear and her husband, Brian. It was kind-of a funny conversation trying to convince Sisterdear to come to the show with us...


"We are coming up to the city to see Eddie Izzard. Do you and Brian wanna go?"
"Who is Eddie Izzard?"
"He is the Brittish comedian from that great HBO special."
"Never heard of him. What's he like? Will we like him?"
"Ummm....he uses the f-word a lot."
"Oh."
"He does a lot of historical bits in his act. Some of it hard to follow if you're not a history fan."
"Oh."
"His accent is thick and he uses Brittish slang quite a bit. You'd be able to follow if you watch BritComs."
"Um. We watch some of those."
"You should probally know he is a transvestite."
"What?!"
"A transvestite. You know-dresses in ladies clothes."
"On stage? All the time? What?"
"I dunno. Just a ladies pantsuit the last time I saw him on stage. It was a cool pantsuit if that helps! And he is VERY funny! Really...VERY funny!"
"Oh."
"And he wears makeup."
"I've got to check with Brian."

They ended up coming with us and a really funny note here is that I am glad that I preped them, 'cause not only did Ed come out in drag, but he was sporting a new padded bra! Priceless...
Eddie has been in the "Ocean's" movies, Valkyrie, My Super Ex-Girlfriend and stars in TV's The Riches.



In case you still don't know him here is what he looks like man vs. woman!




No comments:

Post a Comment