Monday, September 7, 2009

P365

This is our bedroom. I do not think I've posted a photo of this part of the house yet, but today is a good day because when I woke up Charles was sitting very quietly on the edge of the bed. He heard me waking up and in hushed voice said, "There are turkeys just outside the window." There were 6 of them there! I wanted to show you just what lays beyond our bedroom window. You see our bed...the bottom half of the window is all grass, then the top half of the window is dense trees. That's right, just a few steps from our bedroom window starts miles and miles of woods. In my opinion, deep dark woods. Charles said that our landlord, Virgil, told him of a path and more water back there. I looked at Charles like is he was a bit crazy suggesting that I take off in those woods! But yesterday he took the dog for a walk back there looking for the path. They found part of it and even an apple tree! Good for him. I am happy just to wait here and watch for whatever happens to wander out of those woods. And I think it is pretty darn cool that we have front row seats and sometimes just roll over and are so close to it all!


Luna on the outside looking in at her inside twin, Minnie Mae. The first time I saw Luna I thought it was an escaped Minnie Mae.


Here Kiwi and I are at Crazy Bob's Harvest Moon Drive-In. It was so cool and very retro! We set up a little area outside the car with blankets (lots!), a little crate for a table, pillows and chairs. We went to the "car-feteria" and got snacks and watched our double feature. Since the movies start after dusk, we didn't get home until 2am! But still a great date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment