Saturday, September 19, 2009

Glorious find!

Today Charles and I headed to the "big city" of Williamsport for some shopping. To give you an idea (and maybe a chuckle) of what our "big city" now is:

Williamsport population: 29,500
Covington (our city) population: 989
Mansfield (nearest town) population: 3,177
Tampa (where we lived just a few months ago) population: 340,000

Allrighty, now that we get the picture let me tell you about the most wondrous store we happened upon. We were actually looking for the main drag of shopping that offers every kind of store out there, but we ended up in the historic/Main Street area. It was very charming but sadly very empty. On a Saturday there were hardly any people strolling around enjoying this spectacular weather. We decided to eat lunch at a Thai restaurant (first one since moving...) and as we were leaving I noticed a store across the street called "Trimtex". I thought "trim" as in ribbon? I asked if we could pop in and what I discovered was RIBBON NIRVANA! The entire store was nothing but gobs and gobs of ribbon and trim. I cannot remember what I said when I first walked in, but I am sure there was drool coming from my mouth! I took photos because I was sure my buddies would never believe me that there is a whole store devoted to ribbon. Oh! And I do have to report that Charles never once tried to bustle me out of this store-I think his "scrubby-sense" kicked in and he knew better. (For those of you who are not familiar with scrapbook lingo, a "scrubby" is a very supportive hubby of a scrapbooker!)

This is the first wall when you walk in. See the little cubbies of ribbon? Each cubby has more and different ribbon spools stacked up in them. If you want to shop it right, you need to move all the spools and poke around!


This is a 100 year old ric-rack making machine. Charles was checking it out and the lovely gal working there ask if he wanted a demonstration. It was noisy, but so fun to watch it spinning away and shooting out streams of ribbon. This is what got me to ask if they make their own ribbon. They did make their own!


This is the wall of ric-rac only! There are colors in there that I have NEVER seen in ric-rac before...dusty rose...smokey teal...creamsicle...and in every size you could dream of!


This is just the section of blue ric-rac! I told you that they have every color and size imaginable!


This is my super-wonderful pile of ribbon and trim. Lemme walk you through a few colors...smokey grey, fuzzy ric-rac, sea foam and lilac mini pop-pom trim, milk chocolate and orange stripped, olive green mid-sized pom-pom trim, black & white multi baby scalloped trim, rust twill with black & ivory stitches, pumpkin & white checked, lemon yellow and white zig-zag trim....oh my tactile senses are reeling!


Now, some of you who made it to the end of this post might think that I have gone 'round the bend over a pile of ribbon, but others of you, and you know who you are, know that you have just seen a tiny glimpse of heaven! I say this to you unbelievers: On the outside looking in-you could never understand. On the inside looking out-we could never explain!

I'm leaving you with a bit of inspiration. This is the cutest wreath they had on display that is a foam ring center with tons and tons of ribbion tied on and a couple of orange roses added. GREAT Halloween wreath!


To visit or contact Trimtex: 38 West Fourth Street, Williamsport, PA 17701 (570) 322-4755
To purchase Trimtex ribbon back in Florida-just wait my dearies! I am going to be placing an order soon for Whim So Doodle! Yippee!

3 comments:

  1. Jen, Debbie here....I, too, have ordered from Trimtex for my sewing stash. They are amazing, aren't they? What a fun find for you! I make quilts and wild and wacky things from all kinds of fibers. You can check it out on my blog @www.threadsofmind.blogspot.com Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete