Monday, May 24, 2010

Project Life

I still love taking the photos for this project. Even though I am way behind on journaling. I need to take my cue from Kim, who just started this year-she does her journaling every week! Gotta catch up! But at least I share the photos here. These are in totally random order from before I went down to Florida up until I just got back. Post a comment and make an ole bloggers heart happy! LOL!

Jo and I spent a whole week organizing all The Doodle's classroom supplies and putting them into color coordinated boxes. "Pink" is the color for classroom supplies.
Each trip to Tampa MUST include a visit to Val's Basket Warehouse on Gunn. I spent some of my favorite dollars there and kept my fingers crossed about getting it all home in my suitcase. Silk plants weigh next to nothing!
This a "bar-sized" order of the little neck clams from Z Grille in downtown St. Petersburg. All I can say is...sublime! These were SO good. Dianne, Kim and I went the second night I was in town for Happy Hour. See they do bar-sized food and drinks at a discount until 7pm and we don't like paying full price! Those blasted clams were so good on the first night that we decided we needed to go back the very next night to try them again. Only this time we had two orders! Heaven in a coconut curry sauce with toasted sourdough bread! In fact we were so in love with them we went back two more times before I left! My goodness, but they were good.
Before I left for Florida I had to do some planting and re-potting of plants on the front and back porches. I am really trying to jump start my green thumb. I think I'm gonna ask Kim if I can try to grow peonies on the side of the house.
Charles and I found this great state park, Hills Creek, that has boat rentals & launches, picnic areas, camp sites, cabins and Yurts to rent, hiking, a lake with "beach front" swimming and more. It is just outside of Wellsboro and is the prettiest park. We cannot wait to head back.
Funny Stacey picking me up at the airport standing with the other "drivers".
The sun is out and is getting warm, so Minnie Mae finds her spot in the sun and is just luxuriating!
The cute place cards and goody buckets that we made for the Hello Sunshine Crop at The Doodle.
Stacey and I stumbled across this open area by our Tampa house that was just full of buzzards. It was just like "The Birds" only with buzzards. VERY creepy!! They were all over...tree tops, around trees, across the street... In all our years of living in Florida neither of us had seen such a thing!
On Friday morning I didn't have to be at Whim So Doodle until the afternoon, so I had my chauffeur, Bob, drop me off at Bay Walk and I wanted to do some shopping. Poor Bay Walk. There are no shops left there, so I headed to find some lunch. I stopped at Starbucks and had a sandwich and coffee. I sat outside and quickly noticed that there was a man playing saxophone right near me. It was so cool, sipping on my iced coffee enjoying songs like "Girl from Ipanema" and "I'll Never Fall in Love Again". What a great downtown!
Another great supper out! We ate at the Cantina next door to the Doodle and I had THE most delicious corn on the cob. The girls (except Shirley) thought that I was crazy for ordering corn on the cob, but when they saw it grilled and covered in Spanish cheese and herbs they were not laughing any more!
I am the game guru! I know this about myself. I love to play games. And at most crops I can inflict game playing on the croppers under the guise of "winning a prize"! But I can always count on Barbra and Karen to really get into my game playing! This is one of the reasons why I love them and really look forward to them being at the crops!
This is one happy dog. Ginger loves being in the sun and this day she and mommy were enjoying the new chaise cushions!

I want to leave y'all with these photos. It is going on one year since we moved up here and I discovered these photos the other month when finishing up the Flat Stanley project. These are photos of the old truck next door as I saw it through the seasons...
SPRING SUMMER FALL WINTER

No comments:

Post a Comment