Wednesday, April 28, 2010

There's Somethig About Spring Crop-Day One

For me "day one" was the day that Stacey arrived. I know that the crop was only over the weekend, but it was a party the moment Stacey stepped off the plane at Elmira airport!

I picked Stacey and her black suitcase with the giant red "S" spray painted on the side up and we drove back home. It was late in the afternoon and I figured we would head to dinner after Stace got settled in. I got to show her all my favorite spots on the way home, we even stopped in to Bearly Enough to say "hi" to one of my very favorite PA people-Linda! She is such a hoot and turns out that her daughter and Stacey both go to the same knitting store in Tampa.
We hung out on the back porch for quite awhile while waiting for Charles to get home from work. The weather was wonderful and we lounged in my new (but really old) patio chairs while the dogs played and Luna wandered around. Luna really is the best kitty, so friendly. She posed for photos and hung out on Stacey's lap for awhile. Charles got home and I gave Stacey the dinner options. Eddie's, Wren's Nest or Lamb's Creek. Since Lamb's Creek is our favorite we convinced Stacey to go. It was Italian Night and Stacey and I had the "dinner for two". It was so good-especially the bruschetta.
Afterwards we headed to Walmart since I needed a few things for the house. There were only two lines open and we picked the wrong one! We got stuck behind the WIC mother from hell! She had all these different coupons for different amounts off food and they couldn't be combined, so each order had to be rung up separately! She had her 18 month old baby out at 10pm, was telling everyone that he hadn't had supper yet and that they had been in the Walmart since 7pm. Mother of the Year Award?! Not likely!! It took so long that Charles almost fell asleep on the bench waiting for us!
Back at the house I did a few more things to get ready for the crop and we organized the stuff we were going to be doing the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment