Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shredded BBQ Pork

Shredded BBQ Pork

1 thing of pork shoulder butt (enough to feed your crew)
1 jar of your favorite BBQ sauce, little, bit or giant will depend on how big your butt is (I usually use Sonny's Sweet, but I found Carolina's Tangy Gold at Sam's and LOVE it!!)

Put the butt in water. It is best if it can cover it, but if it is a big butt put in as much water as you can and flip the butt every hour or so while cooking. Cook at a very, very low temprature for a very, very long time. I put my butt in at 250 degrees for at least 8 hours. I also salted the exposed part each time I flipped it. After 8 hours test the meat with a fork. Pull the fork through the butt and if it shreds off like butter, then it's done. If not, give it more time.

Put a ton of BBQ sauce in a pot and shred the pork into the sauce. I am a "use my hands" kind of cook, so just used my fingers to pull it apart, but if you are creeped out by that, a couple of forks work just fine.

Heat the saucy pork until hot and serve on buns. It really is that easy!

*Cooks note: Can you tell how much I like saying "butt"?!

No comments:

Post a Comment