Thursday, April 8, 2010

Funny memory

While finding stuff to toss this month for Toss Ten Tuesday, I discovered this old scrapbook that I was using to hold newspaper articles, photos, trinkets, playbills, scripts, etc. for the times that I was on stage in community theatre. I guess that I put a few other things in there too and I found a really funny gem that I wanted to share.

At the time I was working for a store called Worden's World of Crafts in Fort Lauderdale. It was a family run craft store and the employees were treated like family. I loved working for them, they were great people. Each year we would hold a Christmas party at the front of the store after we closed for the day. We would all bring in a covered dish to share and then we would have a little program. This program would include us singing Christmas carols, some of us would do little skits or sing, the managers and owners would always say a few words and then we would get our Christmas "gift" from the store. It was such a nice thing for them to do, very charming. Of course, the people I hung out with there were just as goofy as me, so we usually would contribute something funny to the program. I remember one year Doug, Charles, Sylvia and I lip-synced a Chipmunk song. Yes. "MY" Charles. That is where I met him many moons ago. Well, each year the receptionist would put together a program of the party and it was full of bible verses, Christmas songs, quotes, photos and special messages from some store employees. This year she came around and asked us to fill out a sheet with what our Christmas Wish would be. She asked the whole store and went back and typed all the answers in the Christmas program. Those of us (all girls, except Craig) who worked in the frame department were a bunch of smarty pants, so mixed in with the "Peace on Earth"s and "A happy and safe 1991"s were sprinkled our answers:


"What is your Christmas Wish?"

Tracey: "To be sitting in a hot tub with Mel Gibson."

Jennifer (me): "Mel Gibson with nothing on but a big red bow around his neck."

Sharon: "Mel Gibson, sitting on a Harley naked."

Raquel: "A black Mel Gibson with a can of whip cream."

And then at the bottom of all the wishes was Craig's:

Craig: "To be Mel Gibson!!! (and I hope that everyone's Christmas wishes come true.)

Oh, boy! Those were some fun days!

No comments:

Post a Comment