Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life's details.

Last night after everyone had gone to bed, I was standing at our large white sink finishing up some dishes. The house was quite and dark and was cool from all the windows being open. Brother Iz was playing his ukulele and singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow . The soft sounds of Ginger snoring from her over sized bed combined with the crickets outside. There was a lingering aroma from the sweet gelato that had just gone into the freezer. I looked out the open kitchen window as I soaped up a bowl and saw the fireflies skipping around the yard. A beautiful sight indeed. Just then a cool, night breeze swept into the window and I thought, "This is it. This is one of those moments that life is all about. Peace. Contentment. Happiness in the small details." I realized that not only was I perfectly happy, but that I was over the rainbow. And that's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment