Sunday, March 29, 2009

I planned for it and it happened!

It took me awhile to settle on just how I wanted my scrapbook room organized. I had it all done and then would find something that needed to be tweaked or rearranged. But now, for me, it is perfectly organized. One of the things I debated on was weather or not to keep my scrap papers. For so long I was a hold out, throwing all the cut pieces away or paying them forward to a "saving" kind of friend. I finally decided to get the 12x12 Cropper Hopper scrap storage pockets and have one for each of the colors and ones marked "themes", "holidays" and "multi patterns". I decided not to keep anything smaller than 5x7 or I would drown in scraps. In fact, keeping to that rule, I am on a second "green" folder-just 'cause I love that color so much and use it all the time. What finally made me decide if I wanted to keep those scraps or not was adoption. I reasoned with myself that if we got a girl, she would be happy to use up those scraps just playing around. Guess what? It turned out that I was right! Last night after Kayla finished another page in her scrapbook, she asked if she could make some cards. (Insert inner giggle here!) "Of course," I answered, "let me show you what papers you can use."

2 comments:

  1. oh and I have a bag to add to that just for Kayla.( if that is okay with you Mom). I have been saving for her.

    ReplyDelete