Monday, February 15, 2010

Toss Ten Tuesday

Ok..ok...I know that I am REALLY late on getting this post up! I had all my stuff pulled, my photo taken, the stuff put in boxes or trash. As I was working a full week in Lunch Lady Land, I got a cold which put me down. I was scheduled to leave for a full 2 weeks in Tampa and I was miserable from a blasted cold the whole time that I was there! I tried to get Charles to email me my photo so I could post from down there, but he could never find it. So, once again, I'm sorry, but I hope that lots of you got your stuff tossed this month!




ADIOS-ONE LONELY, FREEZER-BURNED WAFFLE. I LOVED ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, BUT SOMEHOW YOU'VE GONE UNNOTICED AT THE BACK OF THE FREEZER FOR FAR TOO LONG.

ADIOS-STACK OF OLD CHRISTMAS CARDS. I DO SAVE SOME OF YOU, BUT I HAVE LIMITED THE AMOUNT THAT I CAN KEEP AND SINCE THAT WAS FULL, SOME OF YOU HAD TO MOVE ON. SADLY, IT'S THE BURN BARREL FOR YOU.

ADIOS-LOCAL PAPERS. I LOVE READING YOU, BUT I'VE BEEN CLIPPING THE "FUN THINGS TO DO" THAT I WANT TO SAVE, AND DON'T SEE A REASON TO KEEP THE WHOLE PAPER.

ADIOS-BOX OF SUGAR FREE CREAMSICLES. SUGAR FREE? YOU ARE HONESTLY GROSS AND I'VE TRIED TO LIKE YOU A FEW TIMES, BUT I JUST DON'T. DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY, BUT I LIKE MY POPCICLES WITH SUGAR.

ADIOS-BOOK OF MORMON. DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT YOU. DON'T THINK I'LL BE READING YOU SOON. MIGHT BE A PA LDS THAT NEEDS YOU, SO OFF TO THE GOODWILL YOU GO.

ADIOS-OLD CHRISTMAS BOWS. I USED TO STUFF YOUR LOOPS WITH PAPER TOWELS TO KEEP YOU PERKY, BUT I STOPPED THAT A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO AND YOU HAVE STARTED TO DROOP. SORRY. I GOT SOME REALLY GREAT CLEARANCE RIBBON THAT WILL TAKE YOUR PLACE NEXT YEAR.

ADIOS-HELLO KITTY TAGS. YOU ARE NOT MINE. I DO NOT FEEL COMPELLED TO HOLD ON TO YOU. I'M SURE YOU WILL GO ON TO BRIGHTEN SOME LITTLE GIRL'S DAY.

ADIOS-YUCKY CHRISTMAS CANDLES. WHY DO I HOLD ON TO YOU YEAR AFTER YEAR WHEN I THINK YOU ARE TOO YUCKY TO PUT OUT? THERE IS NO MORE ROOM IN THE TUB FOR Y'ALL.

ADIOS-CLAY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS. WHEN I GOT YOU AS A GIFT YOU WERE JUST A BIT TOO CREEPY FOR ME....SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR HAIR...GO CREEP OUT SOMEONE ELSE'S TREE!

ADIOS-PINK-LIDDED BOX OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES. I HAVE TONS OF LIDDED BOXES. TONS OF OFFICE SUPPLIES. YOU WERE LEFT BEHIND AND I THINK SOME KID WILL USE YOU. I DO NOT NEED TO ADD A LAYER OF DUST TO YOU BEFORE I GET WISE TO THAT IDEA!

I must tell y'all once again, that I am committed to this mission to rid my household of unused, unnecessary, broken and expired junk. Coming face to face with a hoarding situation has just brought home the fact that I cannot let a moment pass to toss out or donate anything in my house that will cause clutter and chaos. Keeping so much stuff that it causes another family member to live uncomfortably or for people to pity you for the state your house is in, for me, is unimaginable. I promised myself that I would never, ever let that happen to my house. I have been guilty of being lazy, depressed, disorganized and very close to embracing a hoarding mentality so I know what a slippery slope it can be. I grant anyone reading this that may see my house one day getting out of hand, permission to take me to task. I realize that alone I might not be able to do it, but with "a village" behind me, I can! Thanks for being part of my "Toss Ten Village"!

Much love!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I am one of your *COMMITTED* villagers (is that a word)? LOL

    Glad to see that you have *NOT* a banded your mission (our mission) ; }

    I did omit many items this month for our "Toss Tuesday" and took a picture, however I did not do a blog post. Perhaps I should do that...

    I knew you were not feeling well so you are off the hook this time little missy!! We still love ya....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, made myself laugh.....

    That was *abandoned*

    OTFLMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete