Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a girl...

...sometimes you don't!!



This morning I went to start the car and the car wouldn't start. I guessed it was the battery and my mechanic thought the same. We had to be out of the house for a showing, so we sat on a bench and figured out what to do. Jackie kindly came to our rescue and took Kayla and I out to Walmart to pick up a battery. I had seen Charles change one before and it didn't look too hard, so I thought I'd give it a try. We went to lunch and for a Boba smoothie and brought the battery home. After gathering tools, checking the car manual and wiping my glistening forehead (since women don't sweat!) I got the first few things loosened, but one bolt was really giving me a hard time, so we had to call in reinforcements with better tools. A neighbor helped us with the bolts and we got the battery in and after lots of gunk got on our hands, we were able to turn it over and...it worked!! Jackie and I were able to change a car battery! This is one crazy proud moment for me who is not mechanical in any way!! Whoohooo!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I don't know that I could have done that. WTG!!! Woman Power.

    ReplyDelete