Thursday, April 30, 2009

New pet ownership...



Turtle ramp-$11.99
Floating water plants-$8.99
Basking lamp and bulb-$24.99
Recognizing bliss on a turtle's face-priceless!

Kayla moved Squeeks the Turtle over to the house a few weeks ago and I have been fretting that the turtle just looked sad and lonely in his bare tank. I asked K if we needed to get Squeeks a friend and after doing some research on the care of the semi-aquatic, Red Eared Slider I discovered that a lot goes into the care of a pet turtle! I couldn't wait anymore 'cause that sucker just looked so sad. A trip to Big Lots for a big enough table then off to PetSmart for the rest! I had a blast adding big rocks, this cool floating basking ramp, plants and more. Once I had the turtle back in his/her tank (I had to use tongs 'cause for some reason touching Squeeks creeps me out!) it was only a few moments before he/she was up that ramp and basking under the new lamp. Squeeks extended his/her neck a few times, blinked at the light, looked at me and just closed his/her eyes and was in turtle heaven! Three cats, two dogs and now a turtle...welcome to crazy town!!

1 comment: