Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Stacey and her boys joined me and my girls at Honeymoon Island for a relaxing Mother's Day afternoon. It was my first Mother's Day ever and it was fantastic. I started off sleeping in late, then spent some time in the kitchen getting ready for our beach picnic (don't laugh-I love being in the kitchen!) then Kayla and I went to the mall for some retail therapy. The beach was so much fun! Between Stacey and me we cooked a fantastic feast to nosh on. The kids all played either in the water or with kites. Nico lost Henry's kite when it blew away while he was trying to "kite fight" with his daddy. The dogs went and boy were they tuckered pups when we got back in the car. I love Honeymoon Island (the pet area), but that trek back through the dunes/Florida brush is just rough after a full day of beaching! It was a perfect way to spend Mother's Day!
I sure hope everyone's day was as great as mine!


Stacey and Joe relaxing.



Nico stopping for a chip break.



Our "rolling feast" which consisted of pasta salad, garden salad with strawberries and poppy seed dressing, roasted veggies and tofu with satay dressing, smoked salmon and veggie sticky rice balls, watermelon, chips and salsa, potato salad and cinnamon cookies. YUM!!



Ginger and I just lazing around.



Stacey and Nico after a tidal-pool-checking-out-stroll.



Kiwi, on beach patrol.



Henry should always be in straw hats-look at how handsome he looks!




My first Mother's Day photos! Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby and I were there at 8am when the park opened. We took breakfast, coffee, chairs, and a couple of good books to read. It was a gorgeous day to be there. You were in my neck of the woods, as I am only about 2 miles from Honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete