Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bat Boy: The Musical










I love community theater. I love everything about it! I got to take Kayla to her first ever live theater experience last night and we both really liked the musical. It was called Bat Boy: The Musical and it was performed by the Carrollwood Players. I am lucky that the playhouse is just about 5 minutes from my house and I can pop in any 'ol time. I convinced Kayla to join me last night-which was no easy task to convince a 14 year old girl to come with me to see a musical about a bat boy. I did mention that it had a bit of rap music and it was essential a "horror" show. I left out phrases like "camp horror" and "Simpson-esque rap music", but heck...I got her there! The show was funny (very funny in fact!), a bit gruesome and well acted and sung. It had a hysterical cross-dresser and a spot where I had to cover up Kayla's eyes. The cost was just $18 a person and in this economy it is a bargain! Afterwards the actors all lined up for a meet-n-greet. I told them that it was K's first live show and they were excited for her! I think I hooked Kayla to theater, 'cause she kept saying that she wanted to see that one again and that they should make it into a movie! High praise from a teenager! It was closing night, so I cannot suggest that one, but go check out community theater in your neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment