Sunday, May 8, 2011

Today in the Toddler Room

Had to bring this story over to the blog 'cause there is not enough room for this one in my Facebook status...

Today, one of my favorite little friends pulled up a chair to the table while I was putting together breakfast and here is our conversation:

Him: Miss Jen? What is in those breakfast bowls?
Me: Oranges.
Him: No. What's in MY breakfast bowl?
(Now, he knows that I know that he is allergic to oranges, but still feels he should remind me about it at each meal that features oranges for the other kids!)
Me: (With a big smile on my face, 'cause I feel like being funny)
Oranges.
Him: In MY bowl?!
Me: Oranges.
Him: (Squinting his eyes at me)
Are you kiddin' with me?
Me: Yes. I surely am!
Him: (Silence)
Him: (More silence, then resting chin in hand)
I don't need you kiddin' with me right now.

Lesson learned for Miss Jen? Don't come between a boy and his breakfast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment