Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oldie but a goodie!

This is a reprint of a blog post I put on Whim So Doodle's blog in June 2008. I love it and thought I'd share it here. Enjoy!

An actual drive-thru conversation...

Last weekend I stopped by Burger King to pick up lunch for Charles and I and had an excruciating conversation with the drive-thru employee. Of course, I had to share it with y'all!! Two things to keep in mind when reading this: this happened around the "tomato scare" weeks and this is not edited to be funnier! Enjoy!!

Burger King Voice: Can I take your order?

Me: Yes. I'd like a Veggie Burger with cheese and no tomatoes.

(silence)

Me: I'd also like a Veggie Whopper with cheese and no tomatoes.

(silence)

Me: And I like a small fry and onion rings.

BKV: Uh...hold on a minute.

BKV: You want a Veggie Burger?

Me: Yes. With cheese and no tomatoes.

(silence)

BKV: Do you want cheese on that?

Me: Yes. But no tomatoes.

BKV: I'm sorry, ma'am but we have run out of tomatoes.

Me: That's OK since I didn't want any.

BKV: Will that complete your order?

Me: No. I also want a Veggie Whopper with cheese and no tomatoes. (Side note: I have NO IDEA why I said "no tomatoes" again! Being funny? Being a smart-alec?...)

BKV: We don't have Veggie Whoppers. Only Veggie Burgers.

Me: Yes you do. You also call them "Whoppers with no meat".

BKV: No meat? (finished with a tiny grunt sound)

(silence)

BKV: Do you want cheese on that?

Me: I do. Yes.

BKV: Will that complete your order?

Me: No. I want small fries and small onion rings.

BKV: Will that complete your order?

Me: No. I want a lemonade Icee and a large diet coke.

BKV: Will that complete your order?

Me: Yes.

BKV: Pull up to the first window to pay.

(I pull up to the first window to pay, but there is no one there. I see a couple of employees chatting by the freezer inside, but neither of them notice me so I pull forward to the second window.)

Me: Am I paying here?

BKV: Yes. We are at this window. (Said with the slightest "You stupid customer" undertone!)

BKV: You wanted a lemonade Icee, right?

Me: Yep.

(She goes to fill the Icee, then comes back)

BKV: The lemonade is on defrost, do you want Coke?

Me: Um...no. Do you have regular lemonade?

BKV: No.

Me: How about Fruit Punch or something?

BKV: We have pink lemonade.

Me: Pink lemonade? I guess that will be OK. (side note: I have really turned into a smart-alec for the rest of the conversation!)

BKV: (into headset) Pull around to the first window to pay.

Me: You told them to pull to the first window when you are at the second window. See the confusion?

BKV: This is the first window.

Me: Not to the customer pulling around. This is the second window.

BKV: (Rolling her eyes she hands me my food and drinks)

Me: Thanks. (Side note: As I drive away, I look in my rear view window to see the poor guy sitting at the first window waiting to pay.)

I get home and separate the food and lo and behold...we got one small fry and one large fry. Zero onion rings!

Simply amazing....

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment