Sunday, May 6, 2012

Black Bean Salsa

I'm sorry that I have been so behind on posting some of the recipes from the Hello Muddah Crop that I've been promising y'all. This is one that I've gotten a bunch of requests for, so here is the first recipe.

Black Bean Salsa (from my friends Karen & Tom R.)

Ingredients
1 can black beans drained
1 can black eyed peas drained
1 can white corn drained
Small jar of pimentos (I didn't use)
1 green pepper chopped or any color
1 red onion chopped (I used half of a large red onion)

In a pan, combine 1 cup olive oil or any other oil, I cup sugar and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
Heat until the sugar melts.
Pour over the other ingredients and soak overnight. Drain before serving with chips.

Jen's notes: You can EASILY half the oil, sugar and vinegar. This will make less marinade, so you'll have to stir it more so that the flavor soaks in really well.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment