Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Veggie Chili


I had lots of requests for this recipe at the Hello Muddah Crop and since I thought it was already on my blog and I found out it isn't here it is! It is VERY easy. I promise that it is "man pleasing". My brother eats it all the time and when Lance from Rusty Pickle tasted it, he said, "If you didn't tell me that it had no meat in it, I would never have known."

To make this recipe just remember 1-1-1-1.

1 bag of regular size, frozen veggie mix (I use one called "Normandy" with cauliflower, carrots and broccoli)
1 can of kidney beans,drained (I use dark)
1 can of diced tomatoes,UNdrained (I use fire roasted)
1 packet of chili mix (Mild or hot, your choice)

Toss the FROZEN bag of veggies into a pot. If you are worried about them sticking to the bottom, add a slug of olive oil. Turn the heat to medium and toss in everything else. Stir it up a bit and check on it from time to time, but that is all. The veggies usually loose their color when it is done.

Serve it with sour cream and shredded cheese. I also serve it with hot sauce.

Honesty to Pete, this is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment