Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm dreaming of blueberry pancakes...

I'm dreaming of blueberry pancakes...and not just any, ordinary pancakes, but the behemoth, blueberry pancakes they serve at The Black Swan in downtown Mansfield! In fact, last night as Charles and I were snuggling down under the blankets with all the critters I said, "I'm having blueberry pancakes tomorrow. Do you know how happy that makes me?" I'll say it again...it doesn't take much to make me a happy girl!!



The lovely owner of The Black Swan always cautions about getting more than 2 pancakes, because, "For most people, two is plenty." She is right. I can't finish two. Ever.

The first time we tried these beauties we were told that not only were the blueberries fresh, but they "came from over on that hill there." How much more "local" can you get than that? And with my drive to keep our intake as local as we can get, this is simply perfect! Another wonderous thing about the pancakes at the Black Swan is that I don't get the weird "after pancake" feeling on the back of my teeth. I really don't know what causes that, maybe baking powder/soda (?), but I tend to avoid pancakes in public because of this. Not here. None of that at The Black Swan!

Make sure you stop by and try these pancakes before all the blueberries are gone until next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment